The 2021 regular season in Indiana High School Football is one week away! I made the trip to Bundrant Stadium to take in the Boonville @ Evansville North Scrimmage, as the Huskies hosted the Pioneers in the final tuneup for each team heading into Week 1 next week.
Some takeaways/thoughts that I had from the Scrimmage at Bundrant Stadium:
- North Senior TB TJ Hankins showed a nice blend of speed and power in rushing for 2 TD’s on the night (40-yards and 8-yards)
- Boonville Sophomore DB Marques Ballard (an Indiana Preps Underclassmen Top 22 selection) flashed some of his coverage skills and speed in breaking up a North pass.
- North Senior QB Ethan Brawdy, showed some athleticism in the open field, and made a precise throw to the back corner/pylon in the Huskies’ red zone offense.
- The North Defense had two Pick 6’s on the night (I. Ruiz and Angelo St. Louis with those scores for the Huskies).
- North Senior WR Cameron Gehlhausen flashed some excellent ball skills, going up and high-pointing a pass from Brawdy for a North TD.
- As the night progressed, I was also impressed with some of the younger North TB’s, who combined (for 3 rushing TD’s), and showed some explosion/burst. Freshman Jason Rucker II had two 40+ yard rushing TD’s on the night.
It was awesome to see Indiana High School Football under the Friday Night Lights! Week 1 preparation now begins for teams throughout the Hoosier State.